Monday, January 19, 2009

CaLL Me

It is monday. Happy Martin Luther King Day. To celebrate, Mike and I are travelling to Princeton, NJ to pick up a guitar rack (Danny) and a guitar tuner (Mike). We heard that the BEST BUY over there started a new thing where they sell instruments and accesories. It's worth an investigation...

So...you are most likely off from work and school today....so...relax...stick around home for a while and find some new music. It will feel good.
To start you off, I have attached a song that caught my ear...bigtime. I can't get over how much I like this song. It's older, but the production value is so killer...man oh man...just take a listen...
The band is an old UK duo called Mighty 7 and the song is called CALL ME.



"I'm not sure why this record doesn't turn up more often, as it was released on EMI, a major label, but I think the story goes that it came out as a limited promo. It was written and produced by Gee Bello, seen above on the right with Nat Augustin, who is an important figure in the UK jazz funk scene and member of still performing act Light Of The World. Mighty 7 was a studio project that he worked on after Light Of The World were on a hiatus."
-BeatElectric.blogspot.com

here is the jam.

Mighty 7 - Call Me


<3 Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment