Saturday, January 31, 2009

crying..


If you have ever seen David Lynch's Mulholland Drive, you may remember the scene in club Silencio when a female opera singer performs a Spanish version of Roy Orbison's Crying.

Well, first of all, this scene is rediculous..the movie as a whole is one of my favorites of all time.

What I want to point out here...and what blows my mind the most about this track...is that it is the exact take from the "audition" when David Lynch heard it for the first time...

The woman who sings the song is Rebekah Del Rio.

"When I met David (Lynch) that fateful morning I was not aware that he was recording my voice. I sang with all of my heart and soul and I left very shortly after. Little did I know that the recording would haunt David to the point of writing a special part in his then pilot, “Mulholland Drive”. It was such a thrill to receive the phone call from my faithful friend and agent, Brian Loucks at CAA while I was struggling in Nashville to say that David wanted me to fly to L.A. and film my part."
-Del Rio

click on the picture below to here the song...I hope you like it as much as I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment